How to choose the best Automated Teller Safe? Top-5 Teller Cash Recyclers
Automated teller safes or Teller assist units (TAU) are particular types of banking equipment – have been undeservedly overlooked, but recently their sales have been steadily growing. It took more than 15 years, several world crises, and the rapid development of internet technologies to make the functionality of these self-service devices appreciated. TAU helps save human resources while performing routine cash operations, closing cashier’s working day, calculating, validating, and preparing cash for the CIT service team’s cash collection. The devices allow accelerating cashiers’ work in banks and stores, minimizing the risk of making operational errors, and completely replacing such traditional equipment as validators, counting machines, and banknote wrappers. Additionally, TAU provides the possibility for branch transformation into self-service mode: banks and other organizations can organize the process of issuing loans and depositing funds without their own employees’ direct involvement.
The company BS/2 has conducted a small study and compared different electronic cashiers models, highlighting five of the most functional and reliable devices from the world’s largest manufacturers.
1. Diebold Nixdorf CS 6060 / ARCA CM18
Due to the technical characteristics, functionality, and unrivaled service level provided by the Diebold Nixdorf distributors, this electronic cashier model is the undisputed leader in the world.
This OEM-device is distributed in the market under several brands and rightfully occupies second place due to the quality plus price equation. The device has 8 drums (500 bills in each), high deposit speed – 7 banknotes per second, and withdrawal – 5 bills per second.
Diebold Nixdorf CS 6060 is a teller safe with the most compact size: it takes the title of the most easy-to-operate and easy-to-service devices in the industry. The user-friendly interface of CS6060 sets the new standards of usability for teller’s work optimization.
- Banknotes serial numbers recognition
- Ability to process up to 128 different denominations
- Possibility to install 4 additional drums
- There is no roll-back feature because it lacks an intelligent cash storage module.
2. Diebold Nixdorf CS 6040
Unlike previous self-service devices, this model can stand on the operator’s desk. This recycler uses for cash storage the same cassettes as most Diebold Nixdorf ATMs. This feature allows financial institutions and other organizations to perform the collection by themselves, if necessary, replacing filled cassettes with empty ones.
Due to a reasonable balance of quality and cost, and functional features, this device is a real bestseller in Eastern Europe and many new developing markets.
- High speed of cash deposit and withdrawal – 10 bills per second
- Ability to process up to 128 different denominations
- It can store two bill denominations on one drum.
- Separate cassette for counterfeit bills
- Not big enough volume for notes storage and processing on drums (4 drums, 350 banknotes each)
3. GLORY RBG-200
The device GLORY RBG-200 is a recognized leader in its class of devices in terms of functionality. This TAU – recycler being a self-service device, could replace cashiers in the bank branch and more efficiently organize the work in the store’s central cash desk. The device meets the world standards of ergonomics and can work reliably for many years.
Two cashiers can simultaneously use TAU. During the operation, the cash dispenser slot will face one of them. This saves employees time in the financial institution and increases convenience.
- All available features for devices of this class
- Available an intelligent cash storage module: banknotes selection by denominations and banknotes serial numbers
- The largest capacity (8 drums 600 banknotes each)
- Ability to install two additional drums or cassette, used for non-standard denominations, drums overflow, and more secure collection (without access to the drums).
- The high cost of equipment and spare parts
- Large size (especially the length of the device) requires the allocation of sufficient office space.
4. ARCA MB18b
ARCA CM18b is a small safe capable of ensuring the bills storages in a special bag ready for CIT. This feature allows unloading the whole cash amount in the bag and performs prompt collection. The speed of cash deposit and withdrawal is the same as that of other ARCA models, 7 and 5 bills per second, respectively. 6 drums of this device store up to 3000 notes.
- Simplified procedure of collection due to the presence of a special bag
- A small volume is suitable only for specific conditions (small store, the need to install several devices in one branch of the bank, etc.)
- It does not allow reducing the number of CIT visits
- High price
5. Nautilus Hyosung MoniSafe 500
Finally, the automated teller safe Nautilus Hyosung MoniSafe 500 from the Korean concern deservedly occupies fifth place. The recycling device with the possibility to accommodate up to 21100 banknotes.
There are two device modifications: a standard MoniSafe 500 with 6 cassettes and the enlarged MoniSafe 500N – with the possibility to install 8 cassettes. Each model is equipped with an additional cassette for discarded bills and a transit cassette suitable for other self-service Hyosung devices.
- The highest capacity among similar equipment of this class
- The highest speed of processing banknotes among similar equipment of other vendors (12-15 banknotes per second).
- It has cassettes, not drums
- The higher probability to “chew-up” bills
- There is no roll-back feature.
When choosing a teller assist unit manufacturer and model, it is best to consult with specialists since the specialized software, and the device allows receiving all advantages of this equipment. BS/2 is the developer of Smart Safe.iQ solution, which optimizes smart-safes work and deposit machines installed in bank branches and unites them into a single efficient network.
Enjoy the content? Subscribe to our regular newsletter to get the most interesting articles and reviews as well as special offers from BS/2.